Zookeeper >> mail # dev >> Zookeeper as a basis for orchestrating a manufacturing assembly line

Re: Zookeeper as a basis for orchestrating a manufacturing assembly line
Vance,
 I dont understand what exactly you are trying to do here but
ZooKeeper is not a marshalling engine. It does not interpret bytes for
you.

You can definitely use it as a mechanism to orchestrate an assembly
line (if you mean using it for coordination of your pipelines). Some
of the folks at Yahoo! use ZooKeeper for coordinating there pipelines
(so does FB I think). It would help to explain your use case in
detail.

Also, take a quick look at:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ZOOKEEPER/Index
for some of the use cases and more information on ZooKeeper to help
you understand on how to use it and what its useful for.

Hope that helps.

thanks
mahadev