Bigtop >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Bigtop 0.7.0 and Bigtop 0.8.0 BOMs

+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-08-25, 21:57
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-08-25, 23:29
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-08-25, 23:35
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-08-25, 23:43
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-08-26, 22:52
+
Mark Grover 2013-08-27, 00:55
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-08-27, 04:08
+
Mark Grover 2013-08-27, 04:18
+
Bruno Mahé 2013-08-27, 06:35
Re: [VOTE] Bigtop 0.7.0 and Bigtop 0.8.0 BOMs
You are right Bruno. However, we can make an exception about non-patching the
components and include one specific patch for npath to close this issue once
and for all. The patch would be quite simple as I imagine and consists of
renaming npath to something that Teradata can't bitch about.

What do you think?
  Cos

On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 11:35PM, Bruno Mahé wrote:
> On 08/26/2013 09:08 PM, Konstantin Boudnik wrote:
>> we have chatted with Roman about this and the problem is that we don't know
>> the target date for 0.11.1. It might be the end of September or November. The
>> Teradata issue has like three months time frame to be addressed.
>>
>> On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 05:55PM, Mark Grover wrote:
>>> To close the loop on Hive 0.11* in Bigtop 0.7, I resurrected the thread on
>>> Hive-dev mailing list and heard back that the 0.11.1 will address the NPath
>>> UDF concerns.
>>> Reference:
>>> http://markmail.org/search/?q=Proposing%20a%200.11.1#query:Proposing%20a%200.11.1+page:1+mid:n3vi4n4pwpqizdmh+state:results
>>>
>>> Consequently, I'd suggest that we include the to-be-released Hive 0.11.1 in
>>> our Bigtop 0.7 release.
>>>
>>> Thanks!

> I am not sure to follow.
> If we release Apache Bigtop with Apache Hive 0.11, the issue will still
> be there by the 3 month expiration, wouldn't it? Even more so if 0.11.1
> has not been released by then.
>
> Thanks,
> Bruno
+