HDFS >> mail # user >> Migration needed when updating within an Hadoop release

+
Schad, Bjoern-Bernhard 2013-06-14, 10:00
Re: Migration needed when updating within an Hadoop release
Hi Björn,

Normally, when you change the minor release, you need to upgrade HDFS (http://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/hdfs_user_guide.html#Upgrade+and+Rollback). This will happen when you switch major branches.

> I would be interested because the runtime of such migration would probably depend on the amount of managed data and had to be planned.
Depends how much data you've stored. Michael has written a excellent blog post about:
http://www.michael-noll.com/blog/2011/08/23/performing-an-hdfs-upgrade-of-an-hadoop-cluster/

Cheers,
 Alex

--