Hadoop >> mail # general >> JVM is crashing for systems with NFS

+
Mihail Ionescu 2012-12-08, 17:01
+
Ted Dunning 2012-12-08, 18:00
Re: JVM is crashing for systems with NFS
It seems that sharing the /tmp was the main reason, after I changed this no
more crashes. Thanks Ted and Brock.

Mihail
On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 10:00 AM, Ted Dunning <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> All kinds of things write stuff to /tmp, java included.
>
> Sharing /tmp is a disastrously bad idea.  At least use tmpfs for it.
>
> On Sat, Dec 8, 2012 at 6:01 PM, Mihail Ionescu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> >wrote:
>
> > and hadoop tries to writes some files in /tmp or something and because
> the

+
Brock Noland 2012-12-08, 17:28