HBase, mail # dev - ProtoBuf generation?

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-01-12, 22:28
+
Ted Yu 2013-01-12, 22:37
+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-01-12, 23:12
+
Matteo Bertozzi 2013-01-12, 23:14
+
lars hofhansl 2013-01-12, 23:27
+
Matteo Bertozzi 2013-01-12, 23:33
Re: ProtoBuf generation?
lars hofhansl 2013-01-12, 23:38
I see. Is there a way to only regenerate when they changed (ala make or ant)?
We do that sort of thing at Salesforce (not for protobufs, but other similar problems), that way you see what generated files your change affected and you can still check them in.

-- Lars

________________________________
 From: Matteo Bertozzi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; lars hofhansl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Saturday, January 12, 2013 3:33 PM
Subject: Re: ProtoBuf generation?

I think that the idea was,  the .proto files are not changing much overtime
so, we can commit the generated code, and avoid having the protobuf compiler installed.
if we regenerated the protos everytime (mvn ...) we require protoc to be installed.
Matteo

On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 3:27 PM, lars hofhansl <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Is there a reason why this in not integrated in the maven build?
>If any of the .proto files changed shouldn't it automatically rebuild the generated classes?
>

>-- Lars
>

>________________________________

+
Jonathan Hsieh 2013-01-13, 16:43