Avro >> mail # dev >> Some issues encountered with the 1.3.3 release

+
Jeff Hammerbacher 2010-06-06, 02:31
Re: Some issues encountered with the 1.3.3 release
> 4) Ruby "tool.rb rpcreceive ..." command takes around 15s to write its port
> number to stdout, and the RPC interop tests only pause for 1 second before
> declaring the server dead. Thus the Ruby server is not tested in the RPC
> interop tests. I manually tested the server an things worked for this
> release, but I'd love to investigate why it's taking so long to print the
> port number. I filed

I filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-563 for this issue.

5) The Ruby tests seem to leave around lang/ruby/data.avr and update
> lang/ruby/Manifest. The tests should delete the former when finished, and
> perhaps the latter should have the changes checked in to version control?

I filed https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO-564 to track the data.avr
issue.
+
Jeff Hammerbacher 2010-06-06, 07:17