Hadoop, mail # user - Re: Hadoop 1.2.1 or 2.2.0 on Windows - XP-SP2 Not using Cygwin

Re: Hadoop 1.2.1 or 2.2.0 on Windows - XP-SP2 Not using Cygwin
Arpit Agarwal 2014-01-21, 20:51
Anand,

Instructions to build Hadoop 2.2 on Windows are at
https://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hadoop2OnWindows

Chuck Lam's book is great but out of date wrt Windows support. Windows XP
is not a supported platform. Windows Server 2008 or later is recommended
and Windows Vista is also likely to work.

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE