HDFS >> mail # user >> Re: Hadoop Cluster

+
bejoy.hadoop@... 2013-01-22, 18:07
Re: Hadoop Cluster
The most significant difference between the two, as per my view, is that HA
eliminates the problem of 'NN as the single point of failure'. For a
detailed info I would suggest you to visit the official web site. You might
also find this link<http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2011/02/hadoop-availability/>
useful
which talk about HA in great detail.

For your second question you can follow Bejoy sir's answer.

Warm Regards,
Tariq
https://mtariq.jux.com/
cloudfront.blogspot.com
On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 11:37 PM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hi Savitha
>
> HA is a new feature n hadoop introduced in Hadoop 2.x releases. So It is a
> new feature on top of Hadoop cluster.
>
> Ganglia is one of the widely used tools to monitor the cluster in detail.
> On a basic hdfs and mapreduce level, the JobTracker and NameNode web UI
> would give you a good consolidation on hadoop cluster.
> Regards
> Bejoy KS
>
> Sent from remote device, Please excuse typos
> ------------------------------
> *From: * "Henjarappa, Savitha" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> *Date: *Tue, 22 Jan 2013 12:22:21 +0000
> *To: *[EMAIL PROTECTED]<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> *ReplyTo: * [EMAIL PROTECTED]
> *Subject: *Hadoop Cluster
>
>  Hi,
>
> I am trying to understand the difference between HA cluster and Hadoop
> cluster. Can this group help me understand, how differently Hadoop cluster
> should be monitored?
>
> Thanks,
> Savitha

+