HDFS >> mail # user >> Re: Multiple nic interfaces on datanode

Re: Multiple nic interfaces on datanode
Yes, I think so (I have not JobTracker with me to check, though).

It might be a bit old link (
http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh/3/hadoop/cluster_setup.html#Hadoop+Rack+Awareness),
but it says

"The NameNode and the JobTracker obtains the rack id of the slaves in the
cluster by invoking an API
resolve<http://archive.cloudera.com/cdh/3/hadoop/api/org/apache/hadoop/net/DNSToSwitchMapping.html#resolve(java.util.List)>
 in an administrator configured module. The API resolves the slave's DNS
name (also IP address) to a rack id. What module to use can be configured
using the configuration item topology.node.switch.mapping.impl. The default
implementation of the same runs a script/command configured using
topology.script.file.name..."