HBase >> mail # user >> What happens if Hbase is installed on machines with no HDFS?

Re: What happens if Hbase is installed on machines with no HDFS?
Yes - it could be separated at the cost of network io and data locality.

See this: http://www.larsgeorge.com/2010/05/hbase-file-locality-in-hdfs.html
--Suraj