HBase, mail # user - What happens if Hbase is installed on machines with no HDFS?

Re: What happens if Hbase is installed on machines with no HDFS?
Suraj Varma 2011-11-10, 18:40
Yes - it could be separated at the cost of network io and data locality.

See this: http://www.larsgeorge.com/2010/05/hbase-file-locality-in-hdfs.html
--Suraj