Hadoop >> mail # general >> DISCUSSION: Cut a hadoop-0.20.0-append release from the tip of branch-0.20-append branch?

Re: DISCUSSION: Cut a hadoop-0.20.0-append release from the tip of branch-0.20-append branch?
Chris:

What you say seems sensible enough but its not what I want (smile).
My sense is that for HBase, unless the package we host at
hbase.apache.org is called hadoop-0.20.0-append -- so its clear its an
untainted bundle made from the tip of the append branch -- then we're
only going to confuse; we'll be spending our time quelling queries
about the "hbase version" of hadoop.

I'm going to pass on trying to offer an append release bundle off the
branch-0.20-append branch.  For the next HBase (imminent) release,
we'll just keep on with telling folks build their own hadoop from the
append branch or go get CDH3 (The HBase release after that will be
about getting us up on hadoop 0.22).

Thanks all,
St.Ack