Hadoop >> mail # general >> [VOTE] Merging 0.23-PB to 0.23

Re: [VOTE] Merging 0.23-PB to 0.23
On Sun, Mar 18, 2012 at 6:31 PM, Arun Murthy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>  Agree. In fact, I'm happy to rename branch-0.23 to branch-Y (Y > 1),
> if we can agree on the other thread, & create the RC.
>
>  I agree with Todd (P) that its time to call it some thing other than
> 0.23, particularly with HDFS Wire-Compat and HA. Thoughts?

It might be useful to put various options up for the community vote.
We don't have too many of them, really:
   branch-2
   branch-3

Personally, I'm for branch-3. Regardless of the potential of .22 I'd
rather keep a slot for it. Worse case -- we don't have Hadoop 2 ever.

Thanks,
Roman.