HBase >> mail # user >> Bulk loading job failed when one region server went down in the cluster

+
anil gupta 2012-03-30, 23:05
+
Kevin Odell 2012-03-31, 01:05
+
anil gupta 2012-03-31, 01:24
+
Kevin Odell 2012-04-03, 14:34
+
anil gupta 2012-04-03, 16:12
+
anil gupta 2012-08-07, 17:59
+
Kevin Odell 2012-08-13, 13:51
+
Michael Segel 2012-08-13, 13:58
+
anil gupta 2012-08-13, 19:11
Re: Bulk loading job failed when one region server went down in the cluster
Anil,

Do you know what happens when you have an airplane that has too heavy a cargo when it tries to take off?
You run out of runway and you crash and burn.

Looking at your post, why are you starting 8 map processes on each slave? That's tunable and you clearly do not have enough memory in each VM to support 8 slots on a node.
Here you swap, you swap you cause HBase to crash and burn.

3.2GB of memory means that no more than 1 slot per slave and even then... you're going to be very tight. Not to mention that you will need to loosen up on your timings since its all virtual and you have way too much i/o per drive going on.
My suggestion is that you go back and tune your system before thinking about running anything.

HTH

-Mike

+
anil gupta 2012-08-13, 20:14