HBase >> mail # user >> basic question for newbie

+
Syg raf 2011-10-10, 05:25
+
Sam Seigal 2011-10-10, 05:28
+
Syg raf 2011-10-10, 05:47
Re: basic question for newbie
How do you want to query your data? This question decides how you can save
your data.

Best Regards,
Sonal

<http://in.linkedin.com/in/sonalgoyal>

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 11:17 AM, Syg raf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Thanks Sam for the link, I'm going to get the book ordered.
>
> Just to start and get familliar with HBase, can yo tell if everything go
> into one table and the data separated into column families? if not, based
> on
> what we create multiple tables ?
>
> Thanks
>
> On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 1:28 AM, Sam Seigal <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Start off with the HBase book, great resource for getting started:
> >
> > http://ofps.oreilly.com/titles/9781449396107/
> >

> > On Sun, Oct 9, 2011 at 10:25 PM, Syg raf <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > > Hello folks,
> > >
> > > I'm just starting with HBase and have a couple of rudimentary questions
> > > about how to use it:
> > >
> > > I have a simple Java program that have been developer for the purpose
> of
> > > learning HBase, the program was built with MySQL as  database, it
> contain
> > 3
> > > tables: Authors, Books and AuthorBook (for the N to N relation).
> > > I am wondering if someone can help me to do the same with HBase, what
> > could
> > > the schema be?
> > > Any recommendations are welcome and just keep in mind that I'm just
> > > beginning, simple explanation would be great.
> > >
> > > Thanks a lot,
> > > Sygura.

+
Syg raf 2011-10-10, 06:35