MapReduce >> mail # user >> Hello! - Hadoop: System Requirements.

+
Cristian Carranza 2012-08-14, 13:24
+
Julien Muller 2012-08-14, 14:05
+
Cristian Carranza 2012-08-14, 14:13
+
Mohammad Tariq 2012-08-14, 14:20
RE: Hello! - Hadoop: System Requirements.

Thanks again Mohammad!

Please help me to go further on your advice, since I am not good dealing with hostnames and network conf...

I am using a wired connection to the internet right now and can "ping
myself" {ping <myhostname>} and IBI/Hadoop are running fine.

But if I change to a wireless connection, I can neither ping myself anymore nor Hadoop.

Having said that: What changes in network configuration files (hostname) and in /etc/hosts are necessary in order to ping myself again, this time with a wireless DHCP IP address?

Really hope that this is not a dull question... but any help will be much appreciated.
 Cristián.