Accumulo >> mail # user >> [VOTE] accumulo-1.4.2 RC3

+
Eric Newton 2012-10-23, 13:12
+
Keith Turner 2012-10-24, 18:50
Re: [VOTE] accumulo-1.4.2 RC3
+1

Checksums pass for tarballs
Built from source distribution
Ran (most) functional tests successfully

A couple of the functional tests failed for me, but given that I was
running them on a fairly dated laptop with <3G of addressable memory and
that all of the failures were making time-based assertions, I see no
problem with them failing.

I plan to take some time to visit the tests to:

1) Make the failure messages a little better (without having to break
open to the code to see what the test was asserting).

2) Rework some of the time-based assertions to be more lenient while
still accurate.

On 10/24/2012 02:50 PM, Keith Turner wrote:
> +1
>
> I did the following checks
>
>   * Signature and hashes look good.
>   * Poked at the critical bug fixes that are supposed to be in 1.4.2
> that looks good.
>   * Docs and native libs are there
>   * Was able to build against the maven staging repo
>   * Ran continuous ingest for a bit and verified, that was ok
>   * Source tar ball is exactly the same as the tag
>   * Was able to build from src tar ball
>
> I noticed that the dist tar ball does not have an empty logs or walogs
> dir.  This adds a speedbump when trying to run from the dist tar ball.
>   Tservers will not start w/ default config until logs dir is created.
>   I was going to flag this as an issue, howerver it seems that 1.4.0
> and 1.4.1 also have this issue.   I thought this was something new.
>
> On Tue, Oct 23, 2012 at 9:12 AM, Eric Newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Please vote on releasing the following candidate as Apache Accumulo
>> version 1.4.2.
>>
>> The src tar ball was generated by exporting:
>>
>> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/accumulo/tags/1.4.2rc3
>>
>> To build the dist tar ball from the source run the following command:
>>     src/assemble/build.sh
>>
>> Tarballs, checksums, signatures:
>>    http://people.apache.org/~ecn/1.4.2rc3
>>
>> Maven Staged Repository:
>>    https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheaccumulo-159
>>
>> Keys:
>>    http://www.apache.org/dist/accumulo/KEYS
>>
>> Changes:
>>    https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/accumulo/tags/1.4.2rc3/CHANGES
>>
>> The vote will be held open for the next 72 hours.
>>
>> The only change from RC2 was ACCUMULO-826.

+
Jason Trost 2012-10-26, 14:17
+
David Medinets 2012-10-24, 18:56