Hadoop >> mail # user >> changing node's rack

+
Rita 2011-03-26, 14:34
+
darren@... 2011-03-26, 21:00
+
Chris Collins 2011-03-26, 21:28
Re: changing node's rack
I think that the namenode remembers the rack.  Restarting the datanode
doesn't make it forget.

On Sat, Mar 26, 2011 at 7:34 AM, Rita <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> What is the best way to change the rack of a node?
>
> I have tried the following: Killed the datanode process. Changed the
> rackmap
> file so the node && and ip address entry reflect the new rack and I do a
> '-refreshNodes'. Restarted the datanode.  But it seems the datanode is keep
> getting register to the old rack.

Allen Wittenauer 2011-03-26, 23:49
+
Rita 2011-03-27, 00:38