Hive >> mail # user >> Problem with Hive JDBC server

Problem with Hive JDBC server
Hi guys,

I'm writing you because I experienced a very strange problem which probably
affects all Hive distribution.
I made a small "only main function" Java program where I'm only connecting
to my Hive JDBC, and getting the list of the database tables (LIST TABLES)
and closing the ResultSet, the Statement and the Connection and doing this
a 1000 times. The problem is that the running Hive JDBC server does not
release files and with time it will throw Exception because, it will get
"Too many open files" IOException from the JVM.

I tested with Hive 0.9, 0.8.1, and the patched Hive 0.9 installed in
CDH4.1.1.

If it is a know issue, than could you tell me the solution for it? If it is
not, than I can create a new ticket in Jira, and with a little help, I
probably can fix the problem and contribute the solution for it.

Thanks,
Gabor