Accumulo >> mail # dev >> 1.5 - how to build rpm; cdh3u4;

+
Rob Tallis 2013-05-10, 07:33
Re: 1.5 - how to build rpm; cdh3u4;
Minimally, 'mvn clean package -P native,rpm' should do the trick to
build the RPM. (you may need some dependencies installed, such as
expect and rpm-sign to make the build happy).

Somebody else will have to respond regarding cdh support.

--
Christopher L Tubbs II
http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii
On Fri, May 10, 2013 at 3:33 AM, Rob Tallis <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi - two quick questions:
>
> 1)How do I build an rpm for 1.5?
> mvn rpm:rpm -N  works on 1.4.3 branch
>
> on trunk and 1.5 it gives:
> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
> org.codehaus.mojo:rpm-maven-plugin:2.1-alpha-2:rpm (default-cli) on project
> accumulo: The parameters 'mappings', 'group' for goal
> org.codehaus.mojo:rpm-maven-plugin:2.1-alpha-2:rpm are missing or invalid
> -> [Help 1]
>
> I can see mappings and group in the accumulo-assemble/pom.xml but I don't
> know the mvn commands.
>
> 2) Is 1.5 compatible with cdh3u4 and how do I build it?
> On the 1.5 and trunk branches, the following *doesn't* work:
> mvn clean package -P assemble -DskipTests  -Dhadoop.version=0.20.2-cdh3u4
> -Dzookeeper.version=3.3.5-cdh3u4
>
> it gives:
> [ERROR]
> /home/rob/git/accumulo/start/src/test/java/org/apache/accumulo/test/AccumuloDFSBase.java:[87,30]
> error: cannot find symbol
>
> For info, changing it to cdh3u5, it *does* work:
> mvn clean package -P assemble -DskipTests  -Dhadoop.version=0.20.2-cdh3u5
> -Dzookeeper.version=3.3.5-cdh3u5
>
> Well, it builds at least...
>
> Thanks,
> Rob