HBase >> mail # dev >> hadoop 2.0 dependency upgraded to 2.0.3-alpha

+
Ted Yu 2013-02-22, 17:35
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-02-22, 17:55
Re: hadoop 2.0 dependency upgraded to 2.0.3-alpha
I temporarily reverted this change due to:

org.apache.hadoop.yarn.YarnException: Failed to Start
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MiniMRCluster
        at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.service.CompositeService.start(CompositeService.java:78)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MiniMRClientClusterFactory.create(MiniMRClientClusterFactory.java:75)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MiniMRCluster.<init>(MiniMRCluster.java:180)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MiniMRCluster.<init>(MiniMRCluster.java:170)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MiniMRCluster.<init>(MiniMRCluster.java:162)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.mapred.MiniMRCluster.<init>(MiniMRCluster.java:123)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.hbase.HBaseTestingUtility.startMiniMapReduceCluster(HBaseTestingUtility.java:1574)
Caused by: org.apache.hadoop.yarn.YarnException:
java.lang.IllegalStateException: Queue configuration missing child queue
names for root
        at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.MiniYARNCluster$ResourceManagerWrapper.start(MiniYARNCluster.java:181)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.service.CompositeService.start(CompositeService.java:68)
        ... 38 more
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Queue configuration missing
child queue names for root
        at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.scheduler.capacity.CapacityScheduler.parseQueue(CapacityScheduler.java:328)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.scheduler.capacity.CapacityScheduler.initializeQueues(CapacityScheduler.java:255)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.scheduler.capacity.CapacityScheduler.reinitialize(CapacityScheduler.java:220)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.resourcemanager.ResourceManager.init(ResourceManager.java:226)
        at
org.apache.hadoop.yarn.server.MiniYARNCluster$ResourceManagerWrapper.start(MiniYARNCluster.java:161)

Cheers

On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 9:55 AM, Andrew Purtell <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Have you tried running the mapreduce unit tests with this version Ted? Just
> curious. They have given us grief in the past.
>

> On Fri, Feb 22, 2013 at 9:35 AM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > I have integrated the following JIRA to trunk:
> > HBASE-7904 Upgrade hadoop 2.0 dependency to 2.0.3-alpha
> >
> > Earlier this week, Ramkrishna encountered some problem where HBase was
> > built against 2.0.2-alpha but hadoop cluster deployment was using
> > 2.0.3-alpha
> >
> > In case you use HBase against hadoop 2.0, please note this change.
> >
> > Cheers
> >

> --
> Best regards,
>
>    - Andy