Pig, mail # user - Behaviour on a failed cast.

+
Kris Coward 2013-01-12, 00:04
Re: Behaviour on a failed cast.
Jameson Li 2013-02-01, 02:45
I think If the code is java code in the udf, you'd better catch the
exception and do something, just not ignore that.

If your pig code meet a cast failed, you can step by step debug your code
line by line in the interactive mode.
Sometimes when after one step(as streaming) the schema seems not certain,
if you describe it and will see that the schema is null.
And you can using "... as();" to certain the schema and column type, maybe
you will defeat the cast fail.

专注于Mysql,MSSQL,Oracle,Hadoop

2013/1/12 Kris Coward <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Hi,
>
> I remember a while back that there was a setting introduced to allow a
> pig job to either insert a null, or drop a row, instead of aborting
> execution, when a cast failed. Of course, now that I need it, I'm having
> no luck finding it in the list archives, or on google; would someone be
> so kind as to remind me what the setting is?
>
> Thanks,
> Kris
>
> --
> Kris Coward                                     http://unripe.melon.org/
> GPG Fingerprint: 2BF3 957D 310A FEEC 4733  830E 21A4 05C7 1FEB 12B3

+
Kris Coward 2013-02-01, 17:56