HBase >> mail # user >> querying hbase

+
Aji Janis 2013-05-21, 21:58
Viral Bajaria 2013-05-21, 22:16
Aji Janis 2013-05-21, 22:43
lars hofhansl 2013-05-22, 03:35
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-05-22, 03:41
Ian Varley 2013-05-22, 08:06
Shahab Yunus 2013-05-22, 13:12
Aji Janis 2013-05-22, 14:42
James Taylor 2013-05-22, 16:22
James Taylor 2013-05-22, 16:09
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-05-23, 23:17
James Taylor 2013-05-24, 00:10
Andrew Purtell 2013-05-24, 21:50
Michel Segel 2013-06-01, 10:17
Andrew Purtell 2013-06-01, 10:44
Michael Segel 2013-06-01, 18:15
James Taylor 2013-06-01, 20:20
Michael Segel 2013-06-02, 02:44
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-06-02, 10:42
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-06-02, 10:45
+
Andrew Purtell 2013-06-02, 10:59
Re: querying hbase
On 05/24/2013 02:50 PM, Andrew Purtell wrote:
> On Thu, May 23, 2013 at 5:10 PM, James Taylor <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> Has there been any discussions on running the HBase server in an OSGi
>> container?
>
> I believe the only discussions have been on avoiding talk about coprocessor
> reloading, as it implies either a reimplementation of or taking on an OSGi
> runtime.
>
> Is there a benefit to restarting a regionserver in an OSGi container versus
> restarting a Java process?
>
> Or would that work otherwise like an update the coprocessor and filters in
> the container then trigger the embedded regionserver to do a quick close
> and reopen of the regions?

My thinking was that an OSGi container would allow a new version of a
coprocessor (and/or custom filter) jar to be loaded. Class conflicts
between the old jar and the new jar would no longer be a problem - you'd
never need to unload the old jar. Instead, future HBase operations that
invoke the coprocessor would cause the newly loaded jar to be used
instead of the older one. I'm not sure if this is possible or not. The
whole idea would be to prevent a rolling restart or region close/reopen.