HBase >> mail # user >> Monitoring

+
Joseph Coleman 2011-07-25, 15:09
Ted Dunning 2011-07-25, 15:54
Stack 2011-07-25, 18:09
Ted Dunning 2011-07-25, 18:28
Todd Lipcon 2011-07-25, 18:45
Ted Dunning 2011-07-25, 18:52
Ted Dunning 2011-07-25, 18:55
Stack 2011-07-25, 19:36
Jacob R Rideout 2011-07-25, 19:53
Todd Lipcon 2011-07-25, 20:00
Ryan Rawson 2011-07-25, 20:09
Todd Lipcon 2011-07-25, 20:17
Ted Dunning 2011-07-25, 22:27
Buttler, David 2011-07-25, 20:20
Stack 2011-07-25, 21:41
Ryan Rawson 2011-07-25, 21:48
Jeff Whiting 2011-07-25, 22:40
Andrew Purtell 2011-07-26, 01:09
Stack 2011-07-26, 04:08
Andrew Purtell 2011-07-26, 00:43
Doug Meil 2011-07-26, 01:10
+
Todd Lipcon 2011-07-26, 02:02
+
Stack 2011-07-25, 19:00
+
Ted Dunning 2011-07-25, 19:05
Hey Joe,

Hadoop and HBase are pretty monitoring tool agnostic. It does provide
a number of metrics via JMX and a REST interface which you can tie
into the monitoring tool of your choice. You can enable collection via
the REST service by editing
$HADOOP_HOME/conf/hadoop-metrics.properties and setting the *.class
settings, e.g.

# Configuration of the "dfs" context for /metrics
dfs.class=org.apache.hadoop.metrics.spi.NoEmitMetricsContext

# Configuration of the "mapred" context for /metrics
mapred.class=org.apache.hadoop.metrics.spi.NoEmitMetricsContext

Would configure both HDFS and MapReduce to make the metrics available,
but not write them to anything. There is also a GangliaContext for
integrating directly with Ganglia. Similar settings exist for HBase.

-Joey

--
Joseph Echeverria
Cloudera, Inc.