HBase, mail # user - Monitoring

Re: Monitoring
Joey Echeverria 2011-07-25, 20:02
Hey Joe,

Hadoop and HBase are pretty monitoring tool agnostic. It does provide
a number of metrics via JMX and a REST interface which you can tie
into the monitoring tool of your choice. You can enable collection via
the REST service by editing
$HADOOP_HOME/conf/hadoop-metrics.properties and setting the *.class
settings, e.g.

# Configuration of the "dfs" context for /metrics
dfs.class=org.apache.hadoop.metrics.spi.NoEmitMetricsContext

# Configuration of the "mapred" context for /metrics
mapred.class=org.apache.hadoop.metrics.spi.NoEmitMetricsContext

Would configure both HDFS and MapReduce to make the metrics available,
but not write them to anything. There is also a GangliaContext for
integrating directly with Ganglia. Similar settings exist for HBase.

-Joey

--
Joseph Echeverria
Cloudera, Inc.