Home | About | Sematext search-lucene.com search-hadoop.com
 Search Hadoop and all its subprojects:

Switch to Plain View
Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Releasing 1.5.0


+
Keith Turner 2012-11-21, 13:54
+
Adam Fuchs 2012-11-21, 16:59
+
Eric Newton 2012-11-21, 18:14
+
John Vines 2012-11-21, 18:21
+
Christopher Tubbs 2012-11-21, 19:29
Copy link to this message
-
Re: Releasing 1.5.0
On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 2:29 PM, Christopher Tubbs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> I recommend putting the feature freeze at the middle or end of January. If
> it's January 1st, it might as well be December 15th, given that may not do
> very much feature development over the holiday season. Also, given that
> 1.4.2 has recently been released, I don't know that we've allowed enough
> time to catch additional bugs and feedback from 1.4.2 to incorporate into
> 1.5.0.
>
Thats fine with me.  Just need to get a date settled so we can plan our
work around it.  A few thoughts

   - I think it should be a Friday, so maybe Jan 18.   Testing could start
   following Mon
   - 1.5.0 will have bugs that 1.4.X will never have and we
   will inevitably have a 1.5.1.
   - I suspect whatever day we go with, we may push back on it a little
   bit.  But maybe not.
   - After feature freeze date we will likely spend at least 4 weeks
   testing and fixing bugs, during that time bugs found in 1.4.2 can still be
   fixed for 1.5.0.
   - I just looked at when 1.4.0 was released and I found that Billie sent
   out an email announcing it on April 11.  So 1.5.0 would come a little less
   than a year later if released at end of February.

With Jan 18th if you assume two weeks are shot for the holidays after
thanksgiving, then that gives us 6 weeks.

So is everyone ok w/ Jan 18th for 1.5.0 feature freeze?

Keith
>
> --
> Christopher L Tubbs II
> http://gravatar.com/ctubbsii
>
>
> On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 1:21 PM, John Vines <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >  > +generic authentication/authorization plugin infrastructure (is this
> > related to how Kerberos will be supported?)
> >
> > This is ACCUMULO-259
> >
> > >I broke the MapR compatibility when I started logging to HDFS; I know
> what
> > >needs to be done (cribbing from HBase's code), but I've not done it yet.
> > > The MapR guys volunteered to test the update.
> >
> > I also have access to a MapR cluster so I can do live debugging as well.
> >
> > John
> >
> >
> > On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 1:14 PM, Eric Newton <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> >
> > > > Tested compatibility with MapR
> > >
> > > I broke the MapR compatibility when I started logging to HDFS; I know
> > what
> > > needs to be done (cribbing from HBase's code), but I've not done it
> yet.
> > >  The MapR guys volunteered to test the update.
> > >
> > > -Eric
> > >
> > >
> > > On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 11:59 AM, Adam Fuchs <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > >
> > > > +1
> > > >
> > > > My wishlist includes:
> > > > +Hadoop 2.0 support
> > > > +kerberos support
> > > > +generic authentication/authorization plugin infrastructure
> > > > +thrift proxy
> > > > +time and visibility block indexing in RFile
> > > > +HDFS classloader
> > > > +Tested compatibility with MapR, HDP, and CDH
> > > >
> > > > Other nice-to-haves would be:
> > > > +Memory-to-memory compactions
> > > > +Prefix encoding for RFile
> > > >
> > > > Adam
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 8:54 AM, Keith Turner <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> > wrote:
> > > >
> > > > > I am thinking we should start thinking about releasing 1.5.0.  We
> > have
> > > a
> > > > > lot of good stuff in trunk.   Some features that I think people
> would
> > > > like
> > > > > in 1.5 are still in flight.  What do people think about setting a
> > > feature
> > > > > freeze date for 1.5?  I think this would be a good idea and propose
> > > Jan 1
> > > > > as a feature freeze date for 1.5.   Once we decide on a date,
> > everyone
> > > > can
> > > > > use that date to make decisions about what they want to work on for
> > the
> > > > > remaining time.
> > > > >
> > > > > In the past after feature freeze we have entered test mode and bug
> > fix
> > > > > mode, which has usually taken 1 to 2 months.   So based on past
> > > > experience,
> > > > > a feature freeze date of Jan 1. would like result in a release of
> > 1.5.0
> > > > > sometime during February.  In the past we have also updated
> > > documentation
+
Christopher Tubbs 2012-11-23, 03:07
+
Drew Farris 2012-11-25, 00:24
+
Adam Fuchs 2012-11-25, 13:49
+
Drew Farris 2012-11-25, 00:23
+
Josh Elser 2012-11-21, 17:41
+
Adam Fuchs 2012-11-25, 13:57
+
John Vines 2012-11-21, 16:15
+
dlmarion@... 2012-11-21, 16:01
+
Billie Rinaldi 2012-11-21, 14:05