Hive >> mail # user >> JDOFatalInternalException: Error creating transactional connection factory

JDOFatalInternalException: Error creating transactional connection factory
Hi,

I’ve 2 nodes cluster of hadoop 1.0.4, and I’m trying making hive 0.90.0
works with it, so far no good. I was following the instructions listed here
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/Hive/GettingStarted, but when
trying to run any command in the shell, I’m getting:

FAILED: Error in metadata: javax.jdo.JDOFatalInternalException: Error
creating transactional connection factory

NestedThrowables:

org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask

I didn’t change the default hive configuration, so I guess its working with
derby as metastore, and derby jar found in lib.

Can you please suggest ways to troubleshot this issue?

Thanks.