Bigtop >> mail # dev >> [VOTE] Bigtop 0.7.0 and Bigtop 0.8.0 BOMs

+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-08-25, 21:57
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-08-25, 23:29
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-08-25, 23:35
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-08-25, 23:43
+
Roman Shaposhnik 2013-08-26, 22:52
+
Mark Grover 2013-08-27, 00:55
+
Konstantin Boudnik 2013-08-27, 04:08
Re: [VOTE] Bigtop 0.7.0 and Bigtop 0.8.0 BOMs
I see, that's a valid point. As much as I would like Hive 0.11.1 to be a
part of Bigtop 0.7, I would personally be ok with including Hive 0.11 in
Bigtop 0.7 if Hive 0.11.1 is not out by that time.

Would it make sense to mention "Hive 0.11.*" in the Bigtop 0.7 BOM to allow
us this flexibility?

Mark
On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 9:08 PM, Konstantin Boudnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> we have chatted with Roman about this and the problem is that we don't know
> the target date for 0.11.1. It might be the end of September or November.
> The
> Teradata issue has like three months time frame to be addressed.
>
> On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 05:55PM, Mark Grover wrote:
> > To close the loop on Hive 0.11* in Bigtop 0.7, I resurrected the thread
> on
> > Hive-dev mailing list and heard back that the 0.11.1 will address the
> NPath
> > UDF concerns.
> > Reference:
> >
> http://markmail.org/search/?q=Proposing%20a%200.11.1#query:Proposing%20a%200.11.1+page:1+mid:n3vi4n4pwpqizdmh+state:results
> >
> > Consequently, I'd suggest that we include the to-be-released Hive 0.11.1
> in
> > our Bigtop 0.7 release.
> >
> > Thanks!
> >

> > On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 3:52 PM, Roman Shaposhnik <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:

> is
> > > already
> > >
> > > Ok, I'll restart the VOTE. Sorry about missing it.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Roman.

+
Bruno Mahé 2013-08-27, 06:35