Avro, mail # user - Java API again: some malformed schemas don't throw SchemaParseException...

+
Francis Galiegue 2013-03-02, 09:09
+
Doug Cutting 2013-03-04, 17:34
Re: Java API again: some malformed schemas don't throw SchemaParseException...
Francis Galiegue 2013-03-04, 17:50
On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 6:34 PM, Doug Cutting <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I don't think that is intentional.
>
> Since SchemaParseException is a subclass of AvroRuntimeException, this
> can be changed back-compatibly, no?

While I haven't had a look at the code yet, I believe it can,
especially since a "real" malformed input (ie malformed JSON
representation of an Avro schema) raises SchemaParseException as well.

At "worst", yes, that change would be backwards compatible since
catching AvroRuntimeException also catches SchemaParseException by
definition. So, imho that would be a beneficial change.

--
Francis Galiegue, [EMAIL PROTECTED]
JSON Schema in Java: http://json-schema-validator.herokuapp.com