HBase, mail # user - min, max

+
Weishung Chung 2011-03-01, 22:03
+
Ted Yu 2011-03-01, 22:44
+
Stack 2011-03-02, 04:51
+
Ted Yu 2011-03-02, 04:58
+
Stack 2011-03-02, 05:08
+
Ted Yu 2011-03-02, 05:35
+
陈加俊 2011-03-02, 05:54
+
Weishung Chung 2011-03-02, 14:53
Re: min, max
Weishung Chung 2011-03-03, 04:30
I tried the method as Stack suggested to find the first row, it works :) I
have yet to learn about Filter and would like to use it too. I was wondering
which method would give a better performance.
As for the max, I will try it out tomorrow.

I thought I could use the getEndKeys() method but it doesn't work as I
expected. It returns empty byte[]

public byte[][] getEndKeys() throws IOException {

    return getStartEndKeys().getSecond();

  }

On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 10:51 PM, Stack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 1, 2011 at 2:44 PM, Ted Yu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > For min, you can write your own filter which extends FilterBase so that
> the
> > scan stops after seeing the first row.
> >

> Or just start the scan at the a row whose name is the empty byte array
> and kill the scan after the first return; the first return will be the
> first row in table.
>
> I don't know how to get the last row in a table, easily.
>
> St.Ack

+
Weishung Chung 2011-03-03, 15:18
+