Hive >> mail # user >> Sqoop Oracle Import to Hive Table - Error in metadata: InvalidObjectException

+
Raj Hadoop 2013-05-25, 21:54
Re: Sqoop Oracle Import to Hive Table - Error in metadata: InvalidObjectException
Hi

Can you try doing the import again after assigning 'DS12' the default schema for the user doing the import. Your DB admin should be able to do this in oracle .

Regards
Bejoy KS

-----Original Message-----
From: Raj Hadoop <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 14:54:50
To: Hive<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Sqoop Oracle Import to Hive Table - Error in metadata: InvalidObjectException

Hi,

I am trying to run the following to load an Oracle table to Hive table using Sqoop,
sqoop import --connect jdbc:oracle:thin:@//inferri.dm.com:1521/DBRM25 --table DS12.CREDITS --username UPX1 --password piiwer --hive-import

Note: DS12 is a schema and UPX1 is the user through which the schema and the table in the schema is accessed. I was able to access the table through sqlplus client tool.
I am getting the following error. Can any one identify the issue and let me know please?

ERROR exec.Task (SessionState.java:printError(400)) - FAILED: Error in metadata: InvalidObjectException(message:There is no database named ds12)
org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.HiveException: InvalidObjectException(message:There is no database named ds12)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Hive.createTable(Hive.java:544)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask.createTable(DDLTask.java:3305)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask.execute(DDLTask.java:242)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.Task.executeTask(Task.java:134)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.TaskRunner.runSequential(TaskRunner.java:57)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.launchTask(Driver.java:1326)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.execute(Driver.java:1118)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.Driver.run(Driver.java:951)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processLocalCmd(CliDriver.java:258)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processCmd(CliDriver.java:215)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processLine(CliDriver.java:406)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processLine(CliDriver.java:341)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processReader(CliDriver.java:439)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.processFile(CliDriver.java:449)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.run(CliDriver.java:647)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.cli.CliDriver.main(CliDriver.java:557)
Caused by: InvalidObjectException(message:There is no database named dw)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStore$HMSHandler.create_table(HiveMetaStore.java:852)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.metastore.HiveMetaStoreClient.createTable(HiveMetaStoreClient.java:402)
        at org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.metadata.Hive.createTable(Hive.java:538)
        ... 20 more

2013-05-25 17:37:14,276 ERROR ql.Driver (SessionState.java:printError(400)) - FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask
Thanks,
Raj
+
Edward Capriolo 2013-05-26, 14:54