Pig >> mail # user >> Copying files to Amazon S3 using Pig is slow

Re: Copying files to Amazon S3 using Pig is slow
Definitely go down the s3distcp route. I use it to copy large number of
smaller files from s3 into fewer larger ones in HDFS and it's been working
great. This also helps out with the Pig jobs running faster vs. having Pig
try to load XXXX files from s3.

Regards,

Dan