Accumulo >> mail # user >> Using Accumulo shell to add column visibility to cells containing Unicode values

+
Celeste Hofer 2013-08-26, 19:52
+
Keith Turner 2013-08-26, 20:18
+
John Vines 2013-08-26, 19:56
Re: Using Accumulo shell to add column visibility to cells containing Unicode values
What version are you using? According to ACCUMULO-241, you should be able
to quote any UTF-8 characters for visibility using the Java API. The shell
will likely have parsing issues, however.

[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ACCUMULO-241
On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 3:56 PM, John Vines <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> The java API is the most feature rich way of interfacing with Accumulo.
> The shell is a utility built on it, but occasionally issues get hit with
> parsing user input. It seems you have hit one of these cases. You may be
> able to quote your fields, etc.
>
> However, it is more important to note that the visibilities are very
> strict for the character set allowed. Only a-z, A-Z, 0-9, and a few
> additional characters are allowed (- and _ if I remember correctly). So
> unicode won't work, and you'd get an error indicating that if you could get
> the shell to accept them.
>

> On Mon, Aug 26, 2013 at 3:52 PM, Celeste Hofer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>

>> Hello,
>>
>> I am trying to add column visibility (a label) to cells containing
>> Unicode values, using an Accumulo shell.
>> However, I receive this
>> ERROR: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Expected 4 arguments.  There
>> was 6.
>>

>> Is the use of the Accumulo shell supported for applying column visibility
>> when the value is Unicode?
>>
>> If it is supported, please provide a simple example, or more information.
>>
>> If it is not supported via the Accumulo shell, is there another supported
>> approach, for example, using the Java API?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Celeste H

+
Celeste Hofer 2013-08-28, 19:28