Accumulo >> mail # dev >> Hadoop 2.0 Support for Accumulo 1.4 Branch

Re: Hadoop 2.0 Support for Accumulo 1.4 Branch
On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 7:16 AM, <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Just to be clear, we are talking about adding profile support to the pom's
> for Hadoop 2.2.0 for a 1.4.5 and 1.5.1 release, correct? We are not talking
> about changing the default build profile for these branches are we?

for 1.4.5-SNAPSHOT I am only talking about adding support Hadoop 2.2.0. I
am not suggesting we change the default from building against Hadoop
0.23.203.
I'm not sure about the change to 1.5.1-SNAPSHOT. I believe we're talking
about changing the hadoop.profile for 2.0 to use the 2.2.0 release. I don't
think it makes sense to change the default off of the version in the
hadoop.profile for 1.0.

Presumably this change would also happen in master. Now that Hadoop 2.x is
going to have a GA release, I think it makes sense to have a discussion
about changing the default to be the hadoop 2.0 profile for master, but
this is not that discussion.
--
Sean