Hadoop >> mail # user >> Re: How to best decide mapper output/reducer input for a huge string?

Re: How to best decide mapper output/reducer input for a huge string?
No, I don't have a combiner in place. Is it necessary? How do I make my map
output compressed? Yes, the Tables in HBase are compressed.

Although, there's no real bottleneck, the time it takes to process the
entire table is huge. I have to constantly check if i can optimize it
somehow..

Oh okay.. I'll implement a Custom Writable.. Apart from that, do you see
any thing wrong with my design? Does it require any kind of re-work? Thank
you so much for helping..

Regards-
Pavan