Flume >> mail # user >> ExecSource->MemoryChannel->AvroSink->AvroSource->FileChannel->HDFSSink throughput question

Re: ExecSource->MemoryChannel->AvroSink->AvroSource->FileChannel->HDFSSink throughput question
Hi Chris,

The most likely cause of that error is that the sinks are draining
requests slower than your sources are feeding fresh data. Over time it
will fill up the capacity of your memory channel, which will then start
refusing additional put requests.

You can confirm this by connecting with jmx or ganglia.

If the write is extremely bursty, it's possible that it's just
temporarily going over the sink consumption rate, and increasing the
channel capacity could work. Otherwise, increasing the avro batch size,
or adding additional avro sinks(more threads) may also help. I think
that setting up ganglia monitoring and looking at the incoming and
outgoing event counts and channel fill states helps a lot in diagnosing
these bottlenecks, you should look into doing that.