MapReduce >> mail # user >> Using a hard drive instead of

Using a hard drive instead of
Hi,

Imagine I have a very fast hard drive that I want to use for the NameNode.
That is, I want the NameNode to store its blocks information on this hard
drive instead of in memory.

Why would I do it? Scalability (no federation needed), many files are not a
problem, and warm fail-over is automatic. What would I need to change in
the NameNode to tell it to use the hard drive?

Thank you,
Mark