HBase >> mail # user >> Fastest way to find is a row exist?

+
Jean-Marc Spaggiari 2013-01-04, 15:24
+
Anton Lyska 2013-01-04, 15:32
Re: Fastest way to find is a row exist?
Hello Jean-Marc,

BloomFilters are just designed for that.

But they say if a row doesn't exist with a ash of the key (not the oposit,
2 rowkeys could have the same ash result).

If you want to be sure the rowkey exists you have to search for it in the
HFile ( the whole mechanism is transparent with the get() ).

Their is also an KeOnlyFilter
http://hbase.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/hadoop/hbase/filter/KeyOnlyFilter.html
preventing from getting the whole columns of the existing key as return
(which could be heavy).

Cheers,

--
Damien
2013/1/4 Jean-Marc Spaggiari <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> Hi,
>
> What's the fastest way to know if a row exist?
>
> Today I'm doing that:
>
> Get get_entry_exist = new Get(key).addColumn(CF_DATA, C_DATA);
> Result entry_exist = table_entry.get(get_entry_exist);
>
> But should this be faster?
> Get get_entry_exist = new Get(key);
> Result entry_exist = table_entry.get(get_entry_exist);
>
> There is only one CF and one C on my table.
>
> Or is there an even faster way?
>
> Also, is there a way to make that even faster? I think BloomFilters
> can help, right?
>
> Thanks,
>
> JM

+