Avro, mail # user - Transform a single .avdl or .avpr into one or many .avsc

Re: Transform a single .avdl or .avpr into one or many .avsc
Doug Cutting 2013-05-17, 19:11
There's not a tool that does this currently.  Note however that
existing tools will generate Java classes for each type in an IDL
file, so if you're only using Java then you might not need a .avsc
file for each type in the IDL.

It would not be hard to add a tool (or an option to an existing tool)
that wrote a .avsc file for each type in an .avdl file.  One could
also add Maven support for this.  If this is of interest, please file
an issue in Jira.

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AVRO

If you're willing and able, please provide an implementation.
Otherwise hopefully someone else will help out.

Cheers,

Doug