HBase >> mail # user >> delete rows without writing HLog may be appear in the future?

+
Bing Jiang 2012-11-21, 12:37
Re: delete rows without writing HLog may be appear in the future?
Some time later?

Time of course is relative, so I have to ask what occurred between the write and the delete?
How much time? Did you have any compactions in between the write and the delete?

Why are you not consistent in your use of the WAL ?
On Nov 21, 2012, at 6:37 AM, Bing Jiang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> hi,all.
> I want to describe a phenomenon that happens to our hbase cluster.
> I use puts(List<Put>) to insert many records with writing hlog enable,
> and some time later I delete all of these records with writing hlog disable.
> When one week later, i scan the table, I found some records I have delete
> reappear again.
> It is an interesting case. In my opinion, if we delete data without enable
> writing hlog, when regionserver fails, the log will replay in another
> regionserver.
> Can anyone tell me if I persist on deleting records without enable writing
> hlog, is there a way to prevent these records from reappearing again some
> time later?
>
> Cheers!
> --
> Bing Jiang
> weibo: http://weibo.com/jiangbinglover
> BLOG: http://blog.sina.com.cn/jiangbinglover
> BLOG: http://www.binospace.com
> National Research Center for Intelligent Computing Systems
> Institute of Computing technology
> Graduate University of Chinese Academy of Science
+
Bing Jiang 2012-11-21, 15:20
+
lars hofhansl 2012-11-21, 17:27