Flume >> mail # user >> Sinking data to a Node.js server/listener

Re: Sinking data to a Node.js server/listener
In the end a syslog event/message on tcp is only a tcp message, so indeed
it should be simple with a tcp server (like nodejs). BUT I did answer too
quickly. I have more experience with flume (og) than flume-ng. And it does
indeed look like there is no syslog sink for the new generation. So I am
afraid that writing a custom sink is the way to go...

Bertrand