MapReduce, mail # dev - [VOTE] Release Apache Hadoop 2.1.1-beta

Vinod Kumar Vavilapalli 2013-09-23, 19:04
Correct me if I am wrong, but FWIU, we already released a beta with the same symlink issues. Given 2.1.1 is just another beta, I believe we can go ahead with it and resolve the issues in the final GA release. Instead of resetting the testing done by everyone.

It's a hard story to sell but beta phase is supposed to be only about bug-fixes, but incompatible changes that cannot be avoided, well cannot be avoided.

Thanks,
+Vinod

--
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE