Home | About | Sematext search-lucene.com search-hadoop.com
NEW: Monitor These Apps!
elasticsearch, apache solr, apache hbase, hadoop, redis, casssandra, amazon cloudwatch, mysql, memcached, apache kafka, apache zookeeper, apache storm, ubuntu, centOS, red hat, debian, puppet labs, java, senseiDB
 Search Hadoop and all its subprojects:

Switch to Threaded View
Hive >> mail # user >> Hive External Table issue


Copy link to this message
-
Re: Hive External Table issue
I did mention in my mail the hdfs file exists in that location. See below

In HDFS: file exists

hadoop fs -ls

/user/flume/events/request_logs/
ar1.vgs.mypoints.com/13-06-13/FlumeData.1371144648033

Found 1 items

-rw-r--r--   3 hdfs supergroup 2242037226 2013-06-13 11:14

/user/flume/events/request_logs/
ar1.vgs.mypoints.com/13-06-13/FlumeData.1371144648033

so the directory and file both exists.
On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 10:24 AM, Nitin Pawar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:

> MetaException(message:hdfs://
> h1.vgs.mypoints.com:8020/user/flume/events/request_logs/ar1.vgs.mypoints.com/13-06-13/FlumeData.1371144648033
>
> is not a directory or unable to create one)
>
>
> it clearly says its not a directory. Point to the dictory and it will work
>
>
> On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 10:52 PM, sanjeev sagar <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>wrote:
>
>> Hello Everyone, I'm running into the following Hive external table issue.
>>
>>
>>
>> hive> CREATE EXTERNAL TABLE access(
>>
>>      >       host STRING,
>>
>>      >       identity STRING,
>>
>>      >       user STRING,
>>
>>      >       time STRING,
>>
>>      >       request STRING,
>>
>>      >       status STRING,
>>
>>      >       size STRING,
>>
>>      >       referer STRING,
>>
>>      >       agent STRING)
>>
>>      >       ROW FORMAT SERDE
>>
>> 'org.apache.hadoop.hive.contrib.serde2.RegexSerDe'
>>
>>      >       WITH SERDEPROPERTIES (
>>
>>      >      "input.regex" = "([^ ]*) ([^ ]*) ([^ ]*) (-|\\[[^\\]]*\\])
>>
>> ([^ \"]*|\"[^\"]*\") (-|[0-9]*) (-|[0-9]*)(?: ([^ \"]*|\"[^\"]*\") ([^
>> \"]*|\"[^\"]*\"))?",
>>
>>      >       "output.format.string" = "%1$s %2$s %3$s %4$s %5$s %6$s
>>
>> %7$s %8$s %9$s"
>>
>>      >       )
>>
>>      >       STORED AS TEXTFILE
>>
>>      >       LOCATION
>>
>> '/user/flume/events/request_logs/
>> ar1.vgs.mypoints.com/13-06-13/FlumeData.1371144648033';
>>
>> FAILED: Error in metadata:
>>
>> MetaException(message:hdfs://
>> h1.vgs.mypoints.com:8020/user/flume/events/request_logs/ar1.vgs.mypoints.com/13-06-13/FlumeData.1371144648033
>>
>> is not a directory or unable to create one)
>>
>> FAILED: Execution Error, return code 1 from
>> org.apache.hadoop.hive.ql.exec.DDLTask
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> In HDFS: file exists
>>
>>
>>
>> hadoop fs -ls
>>
>> /user/flume/events/request_logs/
>> ar1.vgs.mypoints.com/13-06-13/FlumeData.1371144648033
>>
>> Found 1 items
>>
>> -rw-r--r--   3 hdfs supergroup 2242037226 2013-06-13 11:14
>>
>> /user/flume/events/request_logs/
>> ar1.vgs.mypoints.com/13-06-13/FlumeData.1371144648033
>>
>>
>>
>> I've download the serde2 jar file too and install it in
>> /usr/lib/hive/lib/hive-json-serde-0.2.jar and I've bounced all the hadoop
>> services after that.
>>
>>
>>
>> I even added the jar file manually in hive and run the above sql but
>> still failing.
>>
>> ive> add jar /usr/lib/hive/lib/hive-json-serde-0.2.jar
>>
>>      > ;
>>
>> Added /usr/lib/hive/lib/hive-json-serde-0.2.jar to class path Added
>> resource: /usr/lib/hive/lib/hive-json-serde-0.2.jar
>>
>>
>>
>> Any help would be highly appreciable.
>>
>>
>>
>> -Sanjeev
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Sanjeev Sagar
>>
>> *"**Separate yourself from everything that separates you from others !"- Nirankari
>> Baba Hardev Singh ji *
>>
>> **
>>
>
>
>
> --
> Nitin Pawar
>

--
Sanjeev Sagar

*"**Separate yourself from everything that separates you from others
!" - Nirankari
Baba Hardev Singh ji *

**
NEW: Monitor These Apps!
elasticsearch, apache solr, apache hbase, hadoop, redis, casssandra, amazon cloudwatch, mysql, memcached, apache kafka, apache zookeeper, apache storm, ubuntu, centOS, red hat, debian, puppet labs, java, senseiDB