Hadoop >> mail # user >> Sorting text data

Re: Sorting text data
On Wed, Feb 8, 2012 at 5:59 AM, sangroya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I tried to run the sort example by specifying the input format. But I got
> the following error, while running it.

You actually need a different mapper to make the whole thing work. I
made a patch for Sort.java that should do the trick.

https://gist.github.com/1770850

Just run the sort with -text and it will set the input format, output
format, key type, value type, and also set the  mapper that I added so
that you move the line to the key instead of the value.

-- Owen