Hadoop >> mail # user >> Loading Data to HDFS

+
sumit ghosh 2012-10-30, 10:07
+
M. C. Srivas 2012-10-30, 14:24
+
Ranjith 2012-10-31, 04:42
+
Bertrand Dechoux 2012-10-30, 10:16
+
sumit ghosh 2012-10-30, 10:39
+
Bertrand Dechoux 2012-10-30, 11:10
Re: Loading Data to HDFS
Hi Bertrand,

Gateway machine is one which is usually used to connect to the Hadoop cluster however the machine itself does not contain DataNode/Tasktracker.

Warm Regards,
Sumit
________________________________
From: Bertrand Dechoux <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]; sumit ghosh <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, 30 October 2012 4:40 PM
Subject: Re: Loading Data to HDFS
I don't know what you mean by gateway but in order to have a rough idea of the time needed you need 3 values
* amount of data you want to put on hadoop
* hadoop bandwidth with regards to local storage (read/write)
* bandwidth between where your data are stored and where the hadoop cluster is

For the latter, for big volumes, physically moving the volumes is a viable solution.
It will depends on your constraints of course : budget, speed...

Bertrand

Hi Bertrand,

Bertrand Dechoux
+