MapReduce >> mail # dev >> VOTE: Committing HADOOP-6949 to 0.22 branch

+
Konstantin Shvachko 2011-03-29, 04:39
+
Dhruba Borthakur 2011-03-29, 05:19
+
Nigel Daley 2011-03-29, 15:02
+
Eli Collins 2011-03-29, 05:26
+
Doug Cutting 2011-03-29, 15:56
+
Stephen Boesch 2011-03-29, 16:04
+
Amit Sangroya 2011-03-29, 16:18
+
Jakob Homan 2011-03-29, 18:04
Re: VOTE: Committing HADOOP-6949 to 0.22 branch
Nigel,
The nature of incompatibility is that the RPC version is changing, which
means
VersionedProtocol-s become incompatible all at once. As opposed to say
only DatanodeProtocol or mr.ClientProtocol.

Doug is right because of our strict requirements for protocol compatibility
this
will not affect users upgrading to 0.22.

Matt, thanks for checking and testing.

--Konstantin

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 11:04 AM, Jakob Homan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> +1
> n.b. that the vote lost hdfs and common dev at some point.  I've added
> them back.
>
> On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 9:18 AM, Amit Sangroya <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > +1
> >
> > On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 6:04 PM, Stephen Boesch <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> >> +1

> be

> layer.