Hive >> mail # user >> Re: Hive HWI ... request for your experience to be used Production

+
Qiang Wang 2013-01-05, 05:34
+
Edward Capriolo 2013-01-06, 00:33
+
Russell Jurney 2013-01-06, 01:45
+
Russell Jurney 2013-01-06, 01:44
+
Manish Malhotra 2013-01-05, 20:41
+
Qiang Wang 2013-01-06, 01:52
Re: Hive HWI ... request for your experience to be used Production
The hive code is apache licensed. If you want to add you work to hive
simple open a jira on http://issues.apache.org/jira/hive and produce a
patch that will apply to hive trunk. That will start the process.

On Saturday, January 5, 2013, Qiang Wang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi Manish:
> Glad to talk with you.
> 1. We are willing and trying to make it an open source project although
we're not familiar with how to do so. We will study the licences and chose
a proper one.
> 2. If Apache Hive agree to add this to the codebase, we
will definitely do this. I think this HWI is not good enough yet.
> 3. ThreadPool is used to run queries. So synchronous mode can be achieved
by setting its size to 1.
> Regards,
> Qiang
>
> 2013/1/6 Manish Malhotra <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>>
>> Thanks Quiang,
>>
>> And glad that somebody already doing the improvement. Sure let me try it
out.
>> Quick questions:
>>
>> 1. What is the license of this HWI version?  Can somebody else
contribute to this as a true open source software and use it and make it
available for community as well?
>> 2. Any plans to merge this or add to Apache Hive codebase.
>> 3. Does it has synchronous mode of running queries or only scheduling  /
async way?
>> Thanks for your reply and time,
>> Regards,
>> Manish
>>
>> On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 9:34 PM, Qiang Wang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Manish:
>>>
>>> Glad to receive your email because we are making efforts on HWI.
>>> We have improved the orignal and added some features and putted it on
github:
>>> https://github.com/anjuke/hwi
>>>
>>> It's far from mature and standard, but it's improving and has already
deployed for our company to use.
>>> After all, have a try and give some advice if you're interested in it.
>>> Thanks
>>> Qiang

experience while using the HWI in prod or any environment in terms of its
stability and performance.

+
Manish Malhotra 2013-01-06, 18:45
+