HBase >> mail # user >> HBase and Lucene for realtime search

Re: HBase and Lucene for realtime search
That's some old email.... :)

I think what Jason is doing is not so much about trying to get (N)RT search
(which already exists in raw Lucene, in ES, in Zoie, Sensei, and eventually will
be in Solr), but trying to get full-text search via Lucene tightly integrated
with data storage via HBase.  When data is added to HBase it should be *indexed*
immediately, in RT, at the level of this code Jason wrote instead of at the
application level ("add to HBase, then index to ES"), or by periodically polling
the DB for changes and updating the index.

At least that is what I think Jason's goal with this effort was.

Otis
--
We're hiring HBase hackers for Data Mining and Analytics
http://blog.sematext.com/2011/04/18/hiring-data-mining-analytics-machine-learning-hackers/