Accumulo >> mail # user >> Iterators returning keys out of scan range

+
William Slacum 2013-05-02, 00:01
Re: Iterators returning keys out of scan range
Sorry guys, I forgot add some methods to the iterator to make it work.

http://pastebin.com/pXR5veP6
On Wed, May 1, 2013 at 8:01 PM, William Slacum <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I was always under the impression there was a check, presumably on the
> client side, that would end a scan session if a key was returned that was
> not in the original scan range.
>
> Say I scanned my table for the range ["A", "B"], but I had an iterator
> that returned only keys beginning with "C". I would expect that I wouldn't
> see any data, and I'm reasonably certain that in some 1.3 variants this was
> the case. However, I was able to drum up a test case that disproves this. A
> similar test can be found here http://pastebin.com/g109eACC. It will
> require some import magic to get running, but the jist is pretty simple. I
> am running against Accumulo 1.4.2.
>
> I'm hitting up the user list because I'd like to confirm:
>
> 1) Is it expected behavior that a scan should terminate once it receives a
> key outside of its scan range?
>
> 2) If (1) is true, when did this change?
>
> I'm actually incredibly glad it works the way it does for my needs,
> however I believe we should document that doing this has several pitfalls
> and possible remedies for those pitfalls.

+
Adam Fuchs 2013-05-02, 00:36
+
David Medinets 2013-05-25, 13:36