Bigtop, mail # dev - [DISCUSS] BOM for release 0.7.0 of Bigtop

Re: [DISCUSS] BOM for release 0.7.0 of Bigtop
Jarek Jarcec Cecho 2013-07-23, 18:33
Quote from the linked report:

* In late May Teradata requested that the project remove a UDF
  ('npath') which was included in the 0.11.0 release. Teradata
  alleges that this UDF violates a US patent they hold as well
  as their common law trademark. The Hive PMC has referred this issue
  to the ASF Legal Board.

Doesn't this means that by including the Hive 0.11 BigTop community will be liable as well?

Jarcec