HBase >> mail # user >> HTable writeAsyncBuffer

Re: HTable writeAsyncBuffer
On Fri, Dec 6, 2013 at 3:06 PM, Koert Kuipers <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote
> i noticed that puts are put into a bugger (writeAsyncBuffer) that gets
> flushed if it gets to a certain size.
> writeAsyncBuffer can take objects of type Row, which includes besides the
> Put also Deletes, Appends, and RowMutations.
>
> but when i look at the code for the delete method it does not use
> writeAsyncBuffer. same for append and mutateRow methods. why do Puts get
> buffered but other mutations do not? or did i misunderstand?

This is how it 'evolved'.  What are you thinking Koert?  We should probably
be clearer in javadoc about the sequence in which these ops can go over to
the server.

Serverside, it doesn't care what is in the batch.  It will just work its
way through the 'Rows' as they come in.

St.Ack